Prep 6 mins
Cook 45 mins
Originally adopted, slowly growing into my own.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup onion, Sliced
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup crabmeat
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheese, Shredded
- 1 unbaked pastry shell
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2⁄3 cup half-and-half
- 1 pinch red pepper
- Sautee the onion and celery in butter until the onion is soft and golden.
- Spoon alternate layers of crab, cheese (your choice - use sharp, cheddar, or Swiss), and onion/celery mix into pie shell.
- In bowl, beat together eggs, cream, salt and pepper.
- Pour into pastry shell over other ingredients.
- Bake in hot oven, 400 degrees, until firm, about 30-40 minutes.
- When knife point inserted into center comes out clean, filling is set.
- May be decorated with tomato wedges or cherry tomatoes.
- Cool slightly before cutting.
- A tip: Tuna, salmon, shrimp, or flaked fish may be substituted for crabmeat.