Recipe by Kim127
Yummy. I actually ate a whole bunch of these for lunch one time!
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Made these over 3 weeks ago to include on my finger food buffet for a group I host each month, & am just now getting around to posting the review! These ABSOLUTELY GREAT thingies were gone in no time at all! When I have the time, I really enjoy doing this kind of thing, especially when they turn out as tasty as these did! Most definitely a keeper recipe! Thanks for sharing it, Kim! [Tagged, made & reviewed in 1-2-3 Hit Wonders]
- 226.79 g package cream cheese, softened
- 14.79 ml lemon juice
- 170.09 g crabmeat (picked over thoroughly)
- 29.58 ml finely chopped onions
- salt and pepper
- 226.79 g snow peas, stems and strings removed (about 60 pods)
- 1 red pepper, seeded and cut into slivers (about the size of a matchstick)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese with the lemon juice until smooth.
- Add crabmeat and onion and mix well.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour (until mixture is firm; its easier to handle this way).
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and blanch the pea pods (about 45 seconds).
- Remove the peas and immerse in a large bowl of cold water to stop the cooking process.
- Drain on a paper towel and pat dry.
- With the point of a sharp knife, split open the curved seam of each of the peas.
- Using a small spoon or cocktail fork, fill each pea with about 1 1/2 teaspoons of the crab mixture.
- Arrange on a platter and garnish with the red pepper slices.