Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 mins
These are the most delicious mushrooms I've ever had. This recipe was passed down from my mother-in-law. They are holiday favorites
- 1 lb mushroom, large cleaned and drained
- 1 medium onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 lb butter
- 1 can crabmeat, rinsed and drained,and cleaned
- 8 ounces chive & onion cream cheese
- 3⁄4 cup French's French fried onions
- Remove stems carefully from mushroom.
- Chop onion and mushroom stems into small pieces.
- Saute in butter-use only 2 tbsp.
- Combine cream cheese with onion and mushroom pieces.
- Add a dash of garlic salt, add drained crabmeat.
- Fill mushroom caps.
- Melt remaining butter.
- If there is any extra mushroom and onion pieces left, set aside.
- Using microwave casserole dish, cover bottom with butter, mushroom and onion mix.
- Place filled mushroom caps in this.
- Cover and microwave on high for approximately 4 minutes.
- Sprinkle with crushed french fried onions.
These were great...I thought I had made too many but they quickly disappeared. A new favorite.