Recipe by Carmen B.
Elegant enough to make for that romantic evening with your sweetheart. Could serve with a green/Caesar salad and hot garlic or cheese bread. Easily doubles to serve 4.
Top Review by chinasmom2000
This was very quick to make and it tasted O.K., but it seemed to need something... Next time I think maybe I will try a little bit of Old Bay if I make it again and see if that helps. Thanks for the idea, Carmen B.
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granule
- 1 dash white pepper
- 1⁄2 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon green onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup skim milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- 1⁄3 lb lump crabmeat (I've used canned also)
- green onion, fans
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first four ingredients in saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Add mushrooms and green onions. Cover, reduce heat and simmer 1 minute or until mushrooms are tender.
- Combine milk and cornstarch and add to mushroom mixture. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes until thickened.
- Remove from heat and add cheese; stir until melted, Stir in crab meat.
- Spoon into 2 ramekins or those shell shaped ceramic dishes. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Broil 2 minutes or until hot.
- Garnish with green onion fan.