Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Authentic Crab Louis
Make and share this Crab Louis Salad recipe from Food.com.
- base of prepared salad greens
- 2 cups cold cooked crabmeat, chunks (can substitute shrimp or lobster)
- 3 hard-boiled eggs
- 3⁄4 cup black olives
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup light cream
- 1⁄4 cup chili sauce
- 1⁄4 cup chopped scallion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped green olives
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- salt and pepper
- Prepare lettuce and line a shallow serving dish with greens.
- Make dressing by combining ingredients in order given and toss with crabmeat.
- Spoon crabmeat onto lettuce.
- Garnish with sliced eggs and olives.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
Lovely. I marinated lump crab and shrimp in Italian dressing. Prepared base of mixed salad greens with avacado wedges, tomato wedges, lemon wedges, hard cooked egg wedges, and
sliced cucumber. BUT, the dressing was prepared as written and I could not have enjoyed it more. The dressing absolutely made the salad perfection. Presentation was very nice and was so fresh and flavorful. Thank you for posting. I will use this again and again.
Nice dinner salad for a warm night. I left out the green peppers because they talk back to me. Very yummy, will be making this again for sure, thanks for posting. Made for cookathon for Jeffie while he recoups from back surgery.
This was so good that I had a hard time sharing.I had everything on hand with the exception of the green olives, but it was wonderful anyway....easy to prepare, visually appealing...and gone in about 15 minutes.