Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a delicious recipe that I got from my mother. She retired to the Ft. Lauderdale area & served this to her friends, always receiving many compliments. It's GREAT!
- 1 lb lump crabmeat (backfin)
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 4 egg yolks (well beaten)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Heat 1/2 cup of milk to boiling point.
- Melt butter and then add flour,& then pour heated milk over flour/butter mixture.
- Beat until smooth and creamy.
- Allow to cool.
- Add the well beaten egg yolks, seasonings, lemon juice, Worcestershire and 1 Tablespoon mayonnaise.
- Blend well.
- Add crabmeat and mix thoroughly (handling gently).
- Fill either shells or small dishes.
- Mix remaining 2 Tablespoons of mayonnaise with 1 Tablespoon of milk and brush on top.
- Sprinkle lightly with paprika.
- Bake in preheated oven at 400 degree for 10 minutes and serve.
This was more like a crab quiche, the eggs were way to much. It totally killed the flavor of the crabmeat. I would not make this again.
This is the best Crab Imperial recipe I\'ve found, if you love the taste of crab without junking it up with cheese, breadcrumbs, and such stuff. The liquid was a bit juicy. I added capers. I also used jumbo lump crab meat.