Recipe by Alan Leonetti
This is a delicious recipe that I got from my mother. She retired to the Ft. Lauderdale area & served this to her friends, always receiving many compliments. It's GREAT!
- 1 lb lump crabmeat (backfin)
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 4 egg yolks (well beaten)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 1/2 cup of milk to boiling point.
- Melt butter and then add flour,& then pour heated milk over flour/butter mixture.
- Beat until smooth and creamy.
- Allow to cool.
- Add the well beaten egg yolks, seasonings, lemon juice, Worcestershire and 1 Tablespoon mayonnaise.
- Blend well.
- Add crabmeat and mix thoroughly (handling gently).
- Fill either shells or small dishes.
- Mix remaining 2 Tablespoons of mayonnaise with 1 Tablespoon of milk and brush on top.
- Sprinkle lightly with paprika.
- Bake in preheated oven at 400 degree for 10 minutes and serve.