1/1 Photo of Crab Crostini
From The Cortina Inn and Resort, Killington, VT. A very rich and elegant appetizer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 9.85 ml olive oil
- 9.85 ml finely chopped shallots
- 9.85 ml finely chopped garlic
- 118.29 ml heavy cream
- 226.79 g cream cheese, softened
- 59.16 ml softened butter
- 4.92 ml garlic salt
- 12 slice French baguettes (3/4 inch)
- 236.59 ml lump crabmeat, picked over
- 118.29 ml finely chopped tomato
- 29.58 ml chopped parsley
- 1In a small saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- 2Add the shallot and garlic; saute, stirring frequently, for 1 minute.
- 3Pour in cream and reduce by half, about 10 minutes or so, stirring very frequently.
- 4Take saucepan off of burner; add in cream cheese and stir until cheese is blended.
- 5In a small bowl, combine butter and garlic salt; stir until blended.
- 6Spread garlic butter on baguette slices and top with 1 tablespoon of cooled cream cheese mixture.
- 7Top each baguette slice with 2 tablespoons of crabmeat and sprinkle with tomato and parsley.
- 8Add a shake or two of salt and pepper to taste, if desired.
- 9Place baguettes on a baking sheet and bake 7-10 minutes at 400 degrees, or until cream cheese is bubbly and bread is crispy.
- 10Watch the bottom of the bread carefully so it doesn't burn.
- 11Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crab Crostini
Serving Size: 1 (323 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 956.3
- Calories from Fat 453
- Total Fat 50.3 g
- Saturated Fat 28.1 g
- Cholesterol 133.6 mg
- Sodium 1432.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 103.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 22.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: