Browned Butter Ginger Shortbread
Deliciously rich and elegant shortbread with a delicate snap to it!
- Ready In:
- 1hr 8mins
- 1 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup icing sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped smooth and spicy candied ginger
- Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat and do not take your eyes off it. Watch it carefully as it begins to separate and brown and smell richly nutty. Immediately remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Cream the cooled butter and make sure to include all the rich goodness from the bottom of the saucepan.
- Add the icing sugar and slowly cream together.
- Add the flour and mix just until incorporated.
- Add the ginger and mix just until evenly distributed in dough.
- Turn the dough out onto an 18" x 12" sheet of parchment paper. Form into an 18" long and 1 1/2" diameter round or rectangular log. Wrap in the parchment paper and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Working fairly quickly, remove from parchment paper and with a sharp knife slice into 1/4" disks or rectangles and place 1/2" apart on parchment papered baking sheets.
- Bake 8-10 min at 375°F (190°C) until bottoms are just turning golden.
- Cool on rack and keep in airtight container or freeze and serve as needed.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation