Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
After several days of craving a crab bake casserole like the one at my local Chinese buffet, I came up with this recipe by tweaking one that I found online. To me, this tastes pretty close to those that I've had at several chinese buffets.
- 1 lb imitation crabmeat (or real, if preferred)
- 1⁄2 large onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 4 ounces cream cheese (1/2 a block)
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley (or handful fresh)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Mix all ingredients together. Place into pan and sprinkle cheddar cheese on top. Bake in 350 degree oven for approximately 30 minutes.
- VARIATION: You can mix seafood types -- use 1/2 lb. crab and 1/2 lb. shrimp, lobster, or other seafood.
Outstanding recipe ! I used green onion instead and used all low fat versions of the cheeses - my husband rates it 10 out of 10. I made a chopped macadamia nut, parmesean cheese, bread crumb topping with a little butter to brown it. Excellent ! Thanks for sharing !
I never had this at a Chinese buffet, but this version is quite delicious. It really spruces up imitation crab. I used reduced-fat versions of the dairy products and it was still nice and rich. Loved it. Thanx!
This recipe is spot on from the Chinese restaurant! My husband absolutely loves it! I took the advice of another poster and use green onions instead of regular sweet onion. Instead of swiss cheese I used Colby and Monterey Jack cheese and fresh garlic not powdered then topped with sharp cheddar about a full cup. Next time I make it I think I might use half imitation crab and half shrimp.