Prep 1 hr 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Taste of Home's Holiday Recipe Card Collection 2008. Prep time includes chill time.
Make and share this Crab Cakes With Roasted Pepper Remoulade Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb cooked crabmeat
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) jar remoulade sauce (such as Crosse & Blackwell Remoulade Sauce)
- 7 ounces roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- In a large bowl, combine crabmeat, capers, egg, bread crumbs, mayonnaise, seafood seasoning, onion, celery, and red pepper. Shape mixture into 10 patties. Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile in a food processor, combine the remoulade sauce and roasted peppers. Cover and process until smooth. Transfer to a bowl; cover and chill until serving.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook the crab cakes in batches until golden brown, about 5 minutes per side. Serve warm with remoulade sauce. Garnish with lemon wedges if desired.
Wow! First rate crab cakes! The only change I made was I added 1/2 cup of green and yellow bell pepper to the cakes. I had one of those red, yellow & green bell pepper packs and since I used the entire red pepper in the roasting process. My DH, DD and I savored every moment enjoying the flavor of these cakes. Thanks for posting! Made for Fall 2009 Photo tag.