Prep 1 hr 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Taste of Home's Holiday Recipe Card Collection 2008. Prep time includes chill time.
- 1 lb cooked crabmeat
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) jar remoulade sauce (such as Crosse & Blackwell Remoulade Sauce)
- 7 ounces roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- In a large bowl, combine crabmeat, capers, egg, bread crumbs, mayonnaise, seafood seasoning, onion, celery, and red pepper. Shape mixture into 10 patties. Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile in a food processor, combine the remoulade sauce and roasted peppers. Cover and process until smooth. Transfer to a bowl; cover and chill until serving.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook the crab cakes in batches until golden brown, about 5 minutes per side. Serve warm with remoulade sauce. Garnish with lemon wedges if desired.
Wow! First rate crab cakes! The only change I made was I added 1/2 cup of green and yellow bell pepper to the cakes. I had one of those red, yellow & green bell pepper packs and since I used the entire red pepper in the roasting process. My DH, DD and I savored every moment enjoying the flavor of these cakes. Thanks for posting! Made for Fall 2009 Photo tag.