Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
My friend Kirsten shared this recipe for me when I needed a no-fail crab cake recipe for a holiday party. This was fantastic
- 1 (8 ounce) canpremium white lump crabmeat, drained
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 small egg
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped green onion
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1⁄2 cup fresh white breadcrumbs (add dash of salt and pepper)
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove, mashed into a paste
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of, fresh lemon of a
- 2 -4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
For the sauce
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 small garlic cloves, mashed to a paste with salt
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1 dash black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- Mix first 10 ingredients together, being careful to not overmix or break up the crab chunks.
- Dust a sheet pan or piece of tinfoil with flour. Carefully form little patties with the mixture and drop them onto the sheet pan or foil to dust with flour. Don't overhandle as the mixture will be very soft and wet. If the mixture is too wet, add more crumbs, or some flour.
- Meanwhile, melt butter into 2 tbs of the olive oil and heat a sauté pan to medium-high. Carefully drop cakes into pan with a spatula. Cook on one side until brown and crisp.
- Turn carefully, cook on the other side until brown and crisp and the inside of the cakes are cooked, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Serve hot, topped with aioli and a few sliced green onions for garnish.
- For the sauce:.
- Mash garlic into a fine paste with the side of a knife on a cutting board, using salt as an abrasive. Mix all ingredients together. Serve with the crab cakes.