Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Dewey Destin Seafood & Restaurant, Destin FL
- 1 lb unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- cayenne pepper, a dash (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 lb cooked blue-crab claw meat
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 2 tablespoons dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- In a skillet, melt the butter.
- Add the garlic, cream cheese, Worcestershire sauce, black pepper, cayenne pepper, lemon juice, onion powder, and mustard.
- Stir the mixture until smooth.
- Remove any excess shells from the crabmeat.
- Be sure the crabmeat is warm, and then add it to the cream cheese mixture.
- Add the basil, thyme, and bay leaf, and stir until smooth.
- Remove bay leaf before serving.
- Serve with sliced French bread or crackers of your choice.