This is a quick and easy spread. Make up to 2 days before needed. I got this recipe from my sister. Where she found it, I don't know. I make this recipe for parties, family gatherings, and picnics.
- Ready In:
- 1 (8 ounce) container cream cheese (room temperature)
- 3⁄4 cup butter (room temperature) or 3/4 cup margarine (room temperature)
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 (6 ounce) can crabmeat, drained (can also use canned shrimp or chicken)
- Cut cream cheese and butter into chunks.
- Microwave until smooth (usually 3 min med high. Extra 1 min high if needed).
- Remove from microwave and add remaining ingredients.
- Mixture will be liquid.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Mix well before serving with crackers.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This recipe was a super hit at our wedding reception! Many people wanted the recipe. I made the recipe exactly as the recipe called for except I was able to use fresh dungeness crab. I am certain that canned crab would be fine. It tasted great with both crackers and french bread baguettes. Be careful if you make it, it's addictive!