- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh white lump crabmeat
- 1 cup vermouth
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup diced onion
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 cup sherry wine
- 1⁄2 cup chopped parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Place half the crab meat in the vermouth in a blender and liquify it; set aside.
- Saute the celery and onion in butter in a large soup pot until barely tender.
- Add the flour and cook for 1 minute, stirring.
- Gradually blend in the milk; continue cooking over low heat until creamy white sauce forms.
- Add the liquified crab mixture, the remaining crab meat, the broth, mustard, salt, pepper and sherry.
- Bring the bisque to serving temperature; garnish with parsley.