Prep 3 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 1 lb fresh lump crabmeat
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 quart milk
- 1⁄2 cup dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 5 drops hot sauce
- Drain crabmeat, and remove any bits of shell.
- Set aside.
- Stir together celery soup and next 9 ingredients.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is thoroughly heated.
- Stir in crabmeat.
Excellent! Very easy to prepare and delicious. this recipe is a keeper. No substitutions are necessary. You could add slightly more sherry but it really is not necessary. Would suggest serving with a very light menu.
I like the recipe but find it actually works better as a seafood bisque rather than crab. I used crawfish meat and shrimp and it was delicious. I also prefer to use cream of chicken soup instead of mushroom. I recommend the "tomato soup with roasted herbs" or the "cream of chicken with herbs" and just a little less pepper.
I followed the recipe to a T, but it seemed very runny and had a strong taste of tomato. Next time, I'll try it without the tomato soup. It was good though, but it didn't taste like crab bisque.