Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
A delicious shredded beef sandwich recipe which can be made days ahead and reheated.
- 3 lbs boneless chuck roast
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Accent seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 cup butter (optional)
- Put all ingredients except butter in a cooking pot and simmer for 3 to 4 hours until very tender.
- Stir and shred beef.
- (The original recipe now calls for stirring in 1 stick of butter which makes this very rich and delicious but also high in fat content! I leave it out and stir in 1/2 to 1 bottle of our favorite barbeque sauce sometimes) Serve on buns.
I almost passed this one by, I think, because of the 'cowboy, name. I am SO VERY HAPPY I didn't! This has to be one of the all time best sandwhiches I have ever eaten. My husband was swooning over it, too. I just made the sauce since I had a lot of left over roast beef. I shredded the meat and added it to the sauce, simmered a bit and dished up a great meal on some lovely Vienna bread. I did add a squirt or two of horseradish mustard (French's) to the sauce while it simmered and I sauted the onions when I began the sauce. Like Chef #963833 we used a horseradish cream spread on our bread. I will be making this often. I plan to try it the next time I put a roast in the crock pot. I guess this onetaught me not to judge a book by it's cover, I mean a recipe by it's name. thanks SuzieQue.
AWESOME! MELTS IN YOUR MOUTH! The flavor of this broth is AMAZING! I have made this twice, once with Boneless Pork Tenderloin and another with Boneless Chuck Roast, excellent both ways. Preparing them in the crock pot is easy and the meat just falls apart! I served mine on kaiser rolls with a sour cream horseradish sauce. MUST TRY!
Excellent. I made a roast the day before and needed to shred it and make some kind of a sauce. I had reserved some of the liquid from cooking meat the day before so I used that instead of water. I used all ingredients put in a pot with shredded beef - it was wonderful!