Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Served cold, the perfect side dish with almost anything. It's colorful and oh, so flavorful.
Make and share this Couscous With Mint-Yogurt Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup onion, minced
- 1⁄4 cup carrot, shredded
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 7 ounces couscous
- 1⁄4 cup currants (or raisins)
- 1⁄4 cup dried apricot, chopped
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup mint leaf, fresh minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons orange juice concentrate
- Saute the onion in the olive oil for 2-3 minutes. Stir in dry couscous and toast for 3 minutes. Add chicken stock, carrot, currants, apricots, and spices. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, mix the yogurt, mint, garlic, honey, orange juice concentrate, and salt.
- Combine ingredients and refrigerate for at least one hour. Garnish with a few mint leaves.
This tasted just like Whole Foods version! When you are looking for something different make this recipe... we had it with salmon and it was a hit!