Spinach and Onion Couscous
- Ready In:
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
- 1 (10 ounce) package couscous
- 3⁄4 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- salt (to taste)
- fresh ground pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- In a saucepan, cook and stir onion and garlic in hot oil until tender.
- Add the broth and spinach; cook and stir frequently until the spinach thaws.
- Bring mixture to a boil and stir occasionally.
- Add in couscous; stir to combine.
- Cover, remove pan from heat, and let stand 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Add remaining ingredients; stir to combine.
- Serve immediately.
Join The Conversation
I made this tonight,to go with the smoked Turkey my hubby made on the grill. The only thing I changed was I added some fresh mushrooms, I needed to use. I used Israelis couscous, cuz I find the other kind very dry and I don't care for the texture. The mushrooms added such a depth of flavor. I did not add the nuts, not a fan of nuts in my food. Now I have to see how my honey likes it. I will keep you posted on his comments. Thanks for posting.