Spicy Spinach and Onion Couscous
photo by aHardDaysNight
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Spanish onion, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (12 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
- 1 (10 ounce) package couscous
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- in a saucepan on medium heat, cook onion, garlic, red pepper flakes, in olive oil until onion is soft.
- add frozen spinach and salt, cook until spinach is thawed.
- add couscous and mix.
- add chicken broth and mix.
- cover and remove from heat.
- let stand 5 minutes.
- fluff couscous with fork.
- add lemon juice and zest and mix.
- serve immediately.
- tip: to reconstitute leftovers, I put in a microwave-safe bowl with a couple splashes of chicken broth or water and cover tightly with plastic wrap and then steam in the microwave for a few minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!