- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium leeks, chopped (white and pale green parts only)
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels (from about 2 ears of corn)
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup canned low sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 (10 ounce) package couscous
- 1 cup pitted kalamata olives (about 4 ounces) or 1 cup other brine-cured black olives, coarsely chopped (about 4 ounces)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in heavy medium saucepan over medium heat. Add leeks and corn and sauté until vegetables are soft, about 3 minutes.
- Add 1 cup water, wine, broth, and thyme; bring mixture to boil. Remove pan from heat and mix in couscous.
- Cover and let stand 5 minutes. Using fork, fluff couscous. Mix in olives and lemon juice.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve warm or at room temperature.