Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Weber’s Big Book of Grilling
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 8 country-style pork ribs, about 4 pounds, trimmed of excess fat
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- hickory chips, soaked in water for at least 30 minutes
- Make the sauce: in a medium saucepan, combine all the sauce ingredients; bring to a boil.
- Decrease heat and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.
- Pour some of the sauce into a small bowl to use for basting the ribs.
- Let the ribs stand at room temperature for 20-30 minutes before grilling.
- Season ribs with salt and pepper; follow your grill’s manufacturer’s instructions for using wood chips.
- Grill over Indirect Medium heat for 1-1 ½ hours, until the meat is tender, turning once halfway through grilling time.
- During the last 20 minutes of grilling time, baste with the small bowl of sauce.
- Serve warm with the remaining sauce on the side.