Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
These hearty ribs feature a lip-smacking sauce that's deliciously tangy with just the right hint of sweetness. Prep. time does not include refrigeration time. Great with other meats too.
- 1 cup grapefruit juice or 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons ground ginger
- 1 -2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 -5 lbs country-style pork ribs
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- In a bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients; mix well.
- Pour 1-1/2 cups marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the ribs.
- Seal and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade from the ribs.
- Grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 20 minutes on each side.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine the honey, brown sugar and reserved marinade.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Baste ribs with some of the sauce.
- Grill 15-20 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees, turning and basting occasionally.
- Serve with the remaining sauce.
Fantastic! These were wonderful and we'll definitely make them again although perhaps instead of marinating them I'll just toss them in the crockpot for 4-6 hours.. Made them with Paula Deen's Potato Bacon salad and it was fantastic! Thanks for posting.
I usually boil my ribs in beer and spices, and then put them on the grill to finish them. So this was new to me, to grill to completion! My hubby and I both loved the ribs, they were so tender! My bbq kept a temo of about 400*, and I basted the ribs towards the end with the bbq sauce. I loved the sauce! I scaled it down for just teh 2 of us. Didn't have ginger or garlic poweder...just used garlic. Everything else was the same. The sauce was aswesom, going to make some for some chick too! Thanks
Love this marinade/barbecue sauce! Fruity, spicy, and interesting! (Well, actually, I left out the horseradish because I'm not fond of it - and it was even good without it!) Grilled them on the barbecue just as you suggested...mmmmm! Thanks.