Lip-Smacking Linguini Salad with Horseradish Dressing
photo by Alskann
- Ready In:
- 1 lb dry linguine
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 3⁄4 cup light sour cream
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons horseradish (or more if you wish)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dill weed (optional)
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- salt & freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 cup thinly sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cups small cauliflower florets
- 2 cups cooked baby shrimp (defrosted if frozen)
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and quartered lengthwise
- Put on a large pot of salted water to boil; when boiling, break linguini into thirds and drop into water.
- Cook until pasta is al dente; drain, rinse with cold water, then leave in colander to drain well.
- Meanwhile, prepare dressing: In a mixing bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, sour cream, vinegar, mustard, horseradish, dill weed (if using) and Tabasco sauce; taste and add salt and/or pepper if you wish.
- In a large serving bowl, combine drained linguini with mushrooms, cauliflower florets, shrimp and green onions; add dressing (depending on how creamy you like your salad, you may not use it all) and combine well.
- Arrange hard-boiled egg quarters around edge of bowl, cover, and chill until serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was a nice change. The recipe was easy to follow. Flavors blended nicely. I served it warm instead of chilling it. I sauteed the mushrooms and briefly blanched the veggies before adding them to the pasta. I mixed up the dressing as directed and added it to the pasta at the last minute. I topped it all with some grated parmesan and it made a wonderful dinner.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I have been sharing recipes here at Recipezaar since October 2001. You won't see me around anymore, although if you're an old-school Zaarite you'll remember that in the past, you couldn't shut me up!