Paula Deen's recipe for a genuine southern treat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat a skillet over medium-high heat.
- 2Add the fat from the ham and render.
- 3When the fat is rendered, add the ham steaks and pan-fry until golden brown on both sides.
- 4Remove the ham from the pan and set aside on a plate and keep warm.
- 5To the pan, add the coffee and water and stir with a wooden spoon, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Add the butter and the bouillon cube and stir to incorporate.
- 6Serve the gravy over the ham steaks on grits.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Country Ham and Red Eye Gravy
Serving Size: 1 (400 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 946.1
- Calories from Fat 676
- Total Fat 75.1 g
- Saturated Fat 29.3 g
- Cholesterol 212.7 mg
- Sodium 4409.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 62.9 g