Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Paula Deen's recipe for a genuine southern treat.
Make and share this Country Ham and Red Eye Gravy recipe from Food.com.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the fat from the ham and render.
- When the fat is rendered, add the ham steaks and pan-fry until golden brown on both sides.
- Remove the ham from the pan and set aside on a plate and keep warm.
- To the pan, add the coffee and water and stir with a wooden spoon, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Add the butter and the bouillon cube and stir to incorporate.
- Serve the gravy over the ham steaks on grits.