Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Although this recipe really should only be consumed by a true rebel, we will allow the occassional yank to partake. And you wonder why Southern men wake up so early.
- Soak ham in milk overnight.
- The next morning, wipe ham with paper towels.
- Put just enough ham fat into skillet to keep ham from sticking.
- Have skillet hot, not too hot.
- Slowly brown ham evenly on both sides.
- When done, remove to hot platter.
- For the gravy, add the coffee to ham drippings in skillet, sprinkle with a bit of pepper and let come to a boil.
- Stir well and serve piping hot with biscuits.
Soaking the ham in the milk removed a lot of the salt. We really liked this dish. It reminded me of the breakfast my Mom use to make with fried grits, eggs and biscuits. Thanks Bogey's Mom