photo by Chef shapeweaver
- Ready In:
- Use a large skillet; pour enough oil to cover the bottom of the skillet.
- Heat oil over medium heat.
- On a plate, place enough flour to cover the plate.
- Then rolled your ham in the flour until well coated.
- When oil is starting to sizzle place ham in the skillet.
- Cook until golden brown on both sides.
- Placed on paper towels to drained the excess oil off.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was great and so easy! Heat oil, dredge ham steak, fry until brown. The only glitch was trying to keep the breading on when turning with tongs. I ended up reflouring the first side and refrying it, and that solved the problem. I should have patted the steak dry first. I used a Kirkland (Costco) brand ham steak. I served this with macaroni and cheese and green beans. My husband, 6 year old and 2 year old all loved it, which is rare! Thank you!