Recipe by *HogHeaven*
My mom always made this recipe with homemade biscuits for me when I was little. I now make this for my children and they love it! Its a good sweet treat! My children will beg me to make this! Enjoy!
Top Review by Bayhill
Boy, I sure missed out on a yummy treat when I was a kid! I had never heard of chocolate gravy before, so I wasn't too sure of what to expect. We really enjoyed the saltiness of the biscuit with the sweet from the chocolate gravy...yum! I used whole milk and cooked the chocolate for about 15 minutes before it got thick. Also, I used Pillsbury Grands buttermilk biscuits instead of homemade biscuits. Thank you for sharing this tasty, sweet treat.
**Made for PAC Fall 2012**
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons cocoa (I use Hershey)
- 3 cups milk, but you can use what u like (better with whole)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan combine the sugar, flour, salt and cocoa and cook over medium heat. You will be adding the milk before the dry ingredients start to really cook! :) Gradually add the milk. I add 1 Cup at a time stirring. Cook until thick and creamy, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat and THEN then stir in the butter and vanilla. Serve over biscuits. It is sweet!
- I am not sure on pricise cook time!