Country Gravy (Cream Gravy)
photo by lazyme
- Ready In:
- 4 tablespoons bacon grease
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- salt and pepper
- melt bacon grease and butter in a sauce pan over medium heat.
- add flour and mix creating a roux.
- whisk in milk slowly to prevent lumps.
- whisk untill smooth and thick.
- add bullion cube and salt and pepper.
- TIPS- If your sauce gets to thick add more milk. If it is to runny, add more flour. You can serve this sauce over potatoes, biscuits, chicken fried steak, etc.
see 2 more reviews