Recipe by Makarios309
I made this apple pie for our church's homecoming and it was a sure hit! Really like an apple pie and an apple crisp in one dessert!
Top Review by Chef Poupon
This is soooo delish! I couldn't fit 7 sliced apple in one pie, so had to adjust the recipe for that but otherwise OMG I love apple crisp but have a texture problem with apple pie (if it's slimy) and this is the perfect combo. Love it! I'm making it for my family thanksgiving tomorrow. Thanks for a great recipe!!
- 1 9 inch pie shell
- 7 apples, sliced (Granny Smith or other)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice or 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg or 1⁄2 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Place crust in 9-inch pie plate.
- Toss apple slices with white sugar, chopped walnuts, 3 tablespoons flour, spices, and salt.
- Transfer mixture to pie.
- Melt butter and mix in oatmeal, 1/3 cup flour, brown sugar.
- Sprinkle crumb mixture over apple filling in pie.
- Cover pie edges with foil to prevent burning for first 25 minutes of baking.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 50 minutes.
- Remove foil from pie edges after 25 minutes of baking.
- Cool and serve (solo or with ice cream).