Apple Dumpling Cake
- Ready In:
1 nine x thirteen cake
- 6 -7 cooking apples (any apple works fine)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 beaten eggs
- Crisco cooking oil
- Grease 9x13 inch baking pan.
- Slice enough apples to fill pan about half way.
- Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and egg.
- Mixture will be crumbly (I usually just do this with my hands, but you could use a pastry cutter) Sprinkle oil over top (works well to hold your finger over the top of the bottle so that you don't end up with big globs of oil) Sprinkle with additional sugar and cinnamon.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes.
- Optional: Place under broiler for 2-3 minutes to brown topping (I usually do this because it makes it extra tasty).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a single gal, living on my own; currently working as an Occupational Therapist & living in Cumberland, MD. (It is "God's Country" out here...beautiful!) I LOVE to cook and bake, and love anything that looks, tastes, smells, or even closely resembles a veggie. I LOVE moo-cows, and therefore, cannot bring myself to eat any part of the adorable critters (i.e. NO RED MEAT!!) I love the outdoors, and pride myself on being the master griller on the fire pit. My mother's side of the family is 100% Polish, so I have an inborn passion for cooking...unfortunately, along with that comes a love of eating, too!! But, hey..u only live once, so I say "EAT, DRINK, and BE MERRY!!!"