Recipe by Tammy Sutherland
This recipe comes from the Big Book of Breakfast, written my Maryana Vollstedt. This cookbook is filled with many delicious recipes and I HIGHLY recommend it to anyone who enjoys breakfast/brunch foods! I serve these pancakes with a mixture of flavoured yogurt and some pure maple syrup.
Top Review by SuperSpike
My family has been making cottage cheese and yogurt pancakes since I was a kid. I think my dad has the source cookbook. Anyways, I didn't have the recipe written down anywhere so I was glad to find it here. I now have a toddler and he loves pancakes. These little babies are a powerhouse- Lots of protein and calcium yet moist and delicate. I use whole wheat pastry flour instead of AP just for extra healthiness and the kiddo loves them with blueberries added in. Mom and Toddler approved!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 3⁄4 cup skim milk
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- In a medium bowl whisk together eggs, cottage cheese, yogurt, milk and oil.
- Add wet mixture to dry mixture and stir until well combined.
- Preheat a non-stick griddle or skillet over medium heat.
- Pour 1/4 cup of batter onto griddle for each pancake.
- Cook until bubbles form on the surface (about 2 minutes).
- Flip pancakes and cook until golden brown on the other side.
- Serve with toppings of your choice.