Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These are a hit at the fire station... They are a little on the heavy side, but they have an excellent flavor and lots of fiber. Adding more baking powder may lighten them up if that’s what you want, but I think they’re great as is.
- Grind about a cup of rolled oats to get the 3/4 cup of course flour.
- Combine all the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Mix the wets together and add to the dry.
- Mix ‘till blended, but don’t overwork it.
- If it’s a little thick, you can thin it with a little water.
- Spoon the batter onto your griddle and cook to the dark side of golden.
- I haven’t tried it yet, but thinned down a little, this batter should make a pretty substantial pancake too!