1/6 Photos of Cornbread Muffins
Fast, easy and tasty -- perfect with a stew or chili. These also freeze well. I first found this recipe in an older Bonnie Stern cookbook many years ago and have been making these ever since.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- 2Spray muffin tin with nonstick spray or line with paper muffin cups.
- 3Combine cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- 4Stir well.
- 5Combine beaten egg, milk and melted butter (if using normal butter add less salt).
- 6Stir into the dry mixture and combine just until blended.
- 7Chopped jalapenos (from a tin) can also be added, as can chopped red pepper and/or tinned corn kernels.
- 8Scoop batter into prepared muffin pans.
- 9Sprinkle cheddar cheese on top of muffins before baking if desired.
- 10Bake for 20-25 minutes .
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cornbread Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (52 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 130.6
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 26.6 mg
- Sodium 157.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 2.9 g