Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Recipe is from Good Housekeeping Magazine. Perfect for a light lunch or brunch.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained well
- 1 large avocado, cut into small cubes
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro leaves, packed
- 1⁄4 small red onion, very thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 4 cups fresh corn kernels
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- In a large bowl, combine beans, avocado, cilantro, onion, lime juice and 1/4 teaspoons salt - toss well.
- In another large bowl, combine corn, flour, eggs, garlic, cumin and 1/2 teaspoons salt until well mixed.
- In a 12-inch skillet, heat oil on medium-high heat until very hot. Add batter to oil by 1/4 cupfuls, forming mounds; gently press tops to flatten. Cook 4-5 minutes or until browned on each side, turning over once. Be careful; oil will splatter. Transfer to cookie sheet in 225 degree F. oven to keep warm. Repeat with remaining batter, reducing heat to medium, if necessary, to maintain temperature. Serve with bean salad on top.