Leftover corn on the cob usually gets thrown out. Not anymore!
Make and share this Corn Chowder recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 3 cups corn (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) canwhole potatoes, diced
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 2 cups 2% low-fat milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- Melt margarine in Dutch oven being careful not to burn.
- Sauté onion and celery until softened.
- Blend 1/2 cup milk and 1/4 cup flour; set aside.
- Add remaining ingredients into pan and simmer about 15 minutes.
- Add flour and milk mixture to chowder slowly and simmer to desired thickness.
- Additional milk may be added if too thick.
- *If using frozen corn, let thaw and drain before adding.