Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Adapted from Real Simple Magazine, August 2004
Make and share this Corn, Avocado, and Tomato Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups fresh corn, cooked
- 1 avocado, diced in 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lime zest
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- In a large bowl combine corn, avacado, tomatoes, and onion.
- In a separate bowl whisk together olive oil, lime juice, lime zest, cilantro, salt, pepper.
- Stir the vinaigrette into the salad and serve.
I'm so glad I found this recipe! I was getting ready to post it myself! I love the ease of making this salad and how the flavors meld together as you let it chill! I mix everything together in the same bowl before I put it in the fridge to chill! I also zest 1 lime and use the juice from that lime in the salad! Yummy Yummy Yummy!!
yummo! My family dislikes onion so left it out. Also used parsley in place of cilantro and no oil in mine(watching the fat) Still found this to be a very yummy side dish.Fresh from the garden ingredients make this a perfect summer treat!