This comes from Real Simple magazine, September 06. I haven't tried it yet but they look wonderful! The mayonnaise biscuits I've had before have always been yummy, so I'm think fresh herbs could only make them yummier! If you try this before me, let me know what you think :)
- Ready In:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for work surface
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves, roughly chopped
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- Use a pastry blender or your fingertips to add the butter until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Add thyme and toss.
- In a measuring cup, whisk milk with mayonnaise.
- Add to flour mixture and stir until just combined.
- Turn the dough onto a lightly floured work surface and pat into a 1 inch thick rectangle.
- Cut biscuits into squares and transfer to a baking sheet.
- Bake about 25 minutes, until lightly browned.