Corn and Potato Chowder
Make and share this Corn and Potato Chowder recipe from Food.com.
- Cook bacon in heavy large saucepan over medium heat until fat is rendered, about 3 minutes.
- Add onion and cook until tender, stirring occasionally, for about 8 minutes.
- Add potato and bell pepper and saute 1 minute.
- Add 2 cups of milk and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until vegetables are tender and soup thickens slightly, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes.
- Add creamed corn, fresh or frozen corn kernels, and 1 tablespoon thyme (or 1 teaspoon dried thyme) to soup.
- Simmer until heated through.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper If soup is too thick, thin with additional milk.