Prep 15 mins
Cook 27 mins
Corn and Potato Chowder
- 2 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 potato, peeled cubed
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cups milk
- 15 ounces creamed corn
- 1 cup corn, frozen or 1 cup corn, fresh
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- Cook bacon in heavy large saucepan over medium heat until fat is rendered, about 3 minutes.
- Add onion and cook until tender, stirring occasionally, for about 8 minutes.
- Add potato and bell pepper and saute 1 minute.
- Add 2 cups of milk and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until vegetables are tender and soup thickens slightly, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes.
- Add creamed corn, fresh or frozen corn kernels, and 1 tablespoon thyme (or 1 teaspoon dried thyme) to soup.
- Simmer until heated through.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper If soup is too thick, thin with additional milk.
Very yummy and so easy!
Yummy and extremely easy to make. I loved the sweetness that the creamed corn added. This soup is a good one for both kids and adults. It's not terribly fattening, either; although you could always change that by adding cheese! ;) Thanx for sharing!
A definite winner!!! Will definitely make again. My family loved it! I was wondering how a small can of ortega chilies would taste if added! Hmmmmmmm Thank you Libby for sharing!