1/5 Photos of Corn and Potato Chowder
Corn and Potato Chowder
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook bacon in heavy large saucepan over medium heat until fat is rendered, about 3 minutes.
- 2Add onion and cook until tender, stirring occasionally, for about 8 minutes.
- 3Add potato and bell pepper and saute 1 minute.
- 4Add 2 cups of milk and bring to a boil.
- 5Reduce heat and simmer until vegetables are tender and soup thickens slightly, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes.
- 6Add creamed corn, fresh or frozen corn kernels, and 1 tablespoon thyme (or 1 teaspoon dried thyme) to soup.
- 7Simmer until heated through.
- 8Season to taste with salt and pepper If soup is too thick, thin with additional milk.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Corn and Potato Chowder
Serving Size: 1 (374 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 314.2
- Calories from Fat 96
- Total Fat 10.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 24.7 mg
- Sodium 493.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 10.1 g