Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe originated from Eat, Shrink & Be Merry. This dish tastes best when eaten the day it's made.
- 19 ounces black beans, drained and rinsed
- 14 ounces corn kernels, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1 mango, diced
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon chili powder (or chipotle chili powder)
- 1 avocado, diced
- Combine all ingredients, except avocado, in a large bowl and mix well. Chill.
- Just before serving, peel and chop avocado. Combine and mix well.
Yummy, yummy, side dish! I left out the tomatoes because my bowl was overflowing! But it was tasty even without. Also, I improvised an apple cider dressing since I was out of lime juice. Still tasty :) My 6 yr old decided it tasted great with cheese, so you could even try grating some for a little something different. A great side dish that would even make a good chunky dip for tortilla chips. I'll definitely be making this again. Thanks for the recipe!
Absolutely wonderful! Easy to make, and so delicious. It's good on its own for lunch, as a side, or (my favorite) over a baked sweet potato. This recipe is a gem!