Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
My hubby loves the Chicken Tortilla Soup from Chick Fil A. They don't have it in our area any more - so... Voila! The recipe to make it ourselves!!! Found on the internet somewhere...
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 ounces diced green chilies
- 1 ounce taco seasoning, packet
- 4 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 3 (15 ounce) cans navy beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn
- 3 cups chicken, cooked
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot, add the onions, and cook until translucent.
- Next, add the green chilies, the taco seasoning packet, all the canned items, and the chicken.
- Bring to a boil, then allow to simmer for several minutes until heated through.
- Lastly, add the cream and heat for 5-10 more minutes.
Great recipe. I added 3-4 TBS of corn flour(masa) and a total of 2 packs of taco seasoning. This will make the soup thicker and look like similar to CFA version of the soup.
The flavor was ok but not anywhere near as good as CFA's. The soup was very watery where CFA's is super thick. The flavor needed more kick. It wasn't even close to being spicy. I gave it 3 stars because it was a good soup to make, but it certainly isn't a copy cat recipe!
I tried this over the weekend but I used a slow-cooker instead so it would be done when we got home from Church. I followed it perfectly and I will say that it was pretty runny but the flavor was ok. I ended up adding two more packets of Taco Seasoning (for my taste) and I added 1c of Corn Starch to thicken it up. After that it was perfect... Thank you for the starting point.