Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
I know, there are Copper Pennies all over the place. This is a tad different than the others, but very similar. They must be good to have so many recipes. Really, they are good; they make a great side dish at a picnic or cookout. They are served cold and go with anything. When I make them, I share them with my daughter as she loves them, too. It is a great way to get your carotene.
- Cook carrots till done; drain and rinse.
- Put the carrots, green pepper, and onion in a bowl.
- In a saucepan mix together the tomato soup, salt, pepper, oil, vinegar, sugar, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Bring to a boil, stirring until thoroughly blended.
- Pour over veggies and refrigerate for at least 1 hour and better for a few hours.
This recipe brings fond memories of my husband's grandmother. This was one of her favorite recipes to prepare for the holidays. It has become one of ours also.