Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup minced yellow onion
- 1 1⁄2 cups fat-free low-sodium chicken broth (or vegetable broth)
- 5 ounces whole wheat couscous (about 1 cup)
- 1 tablespoon cherry juice concentrate
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped dried tart cherry
- 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped pistachios
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped of fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon zest
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Prepare couscous: In a quart saucepan, heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add onion and sauté for about 3 minutes or until softened.
- Add the broth and bring to a boil. Add couscous, stir, cover and remove from heat. Let stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Transfer to a mixing bowl to cool.
- Prepare dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together cherry juice concentrate, lemon juice and mustard. Whisk in oil until emulsified. Set aside.
- Assemble: Add dressing and remaining ingredients to the couscous and mix well. Serve immediately.