Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This recipe is SO good that it does not even taste low-carb. This recipe originally came from http://www.lowcarbfriends.com but I have modified it to suite my family. It is easy to make and freezes well too.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded (divided - 4 ounce go into the topping)
- 1 dash hot sauce
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 4 kosher hot dogs, sliced
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- Brown the ground beef and season with onion powder, chili powder, cumin salt and pepper.
- Stir in the mustard, hot sauce, tomato sauce and sliced hot dogs.
- Spread in a greased large pie plate; stir in half of the cheese.
- Beat the eggs well; whisk in the mayonnaise then the cream. Beat well until smooth. Stir in the remaining cheese.
- Pour over the meat mixture and spread evenly. Bake at 350º 30-35 minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
I made this but substituted the tomato sauce & tomatos for beef hotdog chili & cut the carbs down to around 4! awesome recipe! my hubby loved it! will deff make again!
We made this as the receipe directed and we would not change a thing! The picture we took does not do this dish justice- it looked as good as it tasted!
Uhh, yummy!!!! We really liked this, extremely flavorful! I only did one thing different and added more mustard. I'm not even a mustard lover but the mustard gave this such a nice flavor, I kept tasting it and adding more. I probably used atleast 1.5 tablespoons, possible 2. This stuff is also wonderful reheated. I couldn't wait to eat it for lunch :)... My small children liked it and so did my husband (im the only low carber)..Adding it to my rotation!