Coney Island Chili-Dog Casserole
photo by Alisa Lea
- Ready In:
- 1 (17 1/3 ounce) package refrigerated corn biscuits
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili without beans or (15 ounce) can chili with beans
- 8 ounces beef hot dogs, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Remove biscuits from package and lightly press into the bottom and slightly up the sides of a lightly greased 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
- Place biscuits in oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- In bowl, combine chili, hot dogs, cheese and onion.
- Remove biscuits from oven and top with chili mixture.
- Return to oven and continue baking for an additional 12 to 15 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown and filling is hot.
- Cut casserole into squares and serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Well, I don't know what corn biscuits are; couldn't find them in my store. Used crescent roll "rounds". They needed to cook longer than the 10 minutes indicated (I however did not do that, so mine were mushy in the middle.) Even with this, the flavor was really yummy. I left out the onions (personal preference) and used quality jar chili. Very good!
I'll admit I was skeptical about this but finally decided to try it. My husband loved it and said it reminded him of something his mom made when he was a kid. Like others, I couldn't find corn biscuits so I used a package of crescent rolls and flattend them out like a crust in the dish. Also, I used an 11 x 7 dish and it was perfect. Thanks so much!!!
see 12 more reviews