Coney Island Chili Dog Pie (Low Carb)
- Ready In:
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded (divided - 4 ounce go into the topping)
- 1 dash hot sauce
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 4 kosher hot dogs, sliced
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- Brown the ground beef and season with onion powder, chili powder, cumin salt and pepper.
- Stir in the mustard, hot sauce, tomato sauce and sliced hot dogs.
- Spread in a greased large pie plate; stir in half of the cheese.
- Beat the eggs well; whisk in the mayonnaise then the cream. Beat well until smooth. Stir in the remaining cheese.
- Pour over the meat mixture and spread evenly. Bake at 350º 30-35 minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I really liked this recipe. However, mine turned out too rich! I didn't see the part to divide the cheese, so I put 8 oz into the chili and also into the topping. Can you edit the ingredients to say 4 oz cheese? It is confusing that both parts say 8 ounces, but just in the chili section it says divide in parenthesis. I used Dijon mustard and the mustard was too strong of a flavor. I will cut in half next time. I also used turkey dogs, 2% cheese, and olive oil mayo to save calories. Next time I am going to add fresh onions and canned diced tomato to add fiber and volume. Will make again!
This recipe was very delicious. I had no problems with my son eating this meal and he is always a picky eater. For the non-low carbers in my family, I added fritos, and beans. It was a hit because as someone said in their review, it takes just like a chili dog. I didn't even miss the bun. The only substitution I made was sour cream for the mayonnaise. Other than that, I followed the recipe as instructed. I will make this meal in the future.