Recipe by ElizabethKnicely
This recipe came about from a lot of experimenting over the years. My family and friends like this version the best. Serve over cooked rice.
Top Review by Ck2plz
Great recipe! I am not a fan of Jambalaya but this was the best one I have cooked! There was only one package of andouille sausage at the store if you can believe that. I used some turkey kielbasa to fufill the pound of sausage needed. I am glad I did because the dish was spicy (which is great) but not kid friendly. I didn't use the full amount of cayenne pepper either for this reason. Overall, great dish! Made for ZWT9 July 2013.
- 453.59 g boneless skinless chicken breast half, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 453.59 g andouille sausage, sliced
- 793.78 g can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 236.59 ml chopped celery
- 236.59 ml chicken broth
- 9.85 ml dried oregano
- 9.85 ml dried parsley
- 9.85 ml cajun seasoning
- 4.92 ml cayenne pepper
- 2.46 ml dried thyme
- 453.59 g frozen cooked shrimp, without tails
Directions See How It's Made
- In a slow cooker, mix the chicken, sausage, tomatoes with juice, onion, green bell pepper, celery, and broth. Season with oregano, parsley, Cajun seasoning, cayenne pepper, and thyme.
- Cover, and cook 7 to 8 hours on LOW, or 3 to 4 hours on HIGH. Stir in the shrimp during the last 30 minutes of cook time.
- Serve over your favorite rice.