1/1 Photo of Coleslaw With Pecans & Spicy Chile Dressing
This spicy slaw is perfect with everything from fried chicken to ribs to a pulled pork sandwich. Taken from Redbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs savoy cabbage, approx one head, shredded (or napa)
- 4 carrots, shredded
- 2 granny smith apples, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup pecans, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice (fresh)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne (or more to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1Toss cabbage, carrots, apples, red onion, and pecans in large bowl.
- 2In a small bowl, stir together mayonnaise, lemon juice, mustard, sugar, salt, cumin, cayenne and pepper.
- 3Add to the cabbage mixture and toss well to coat.
- 4Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour before serving.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coleslaw With Pecans & Spicy Chile Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (220 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 234.0
- Calories from Fat 157
- Total Fat 17.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 7.8 mg
- Sodium 464.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 9.7 g
- Protein 3.7 g