Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Simple but very delicious! Holds great at room temperature--the perfect potluck salad!
Make and share this Cold Sesame Noodle Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 16 ounces soba noodles (can substitute spaghetti)
- 1⁄4 cup dark sesame oil, plus
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup tahini
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- cayenne pepper (to taste)
- 1 bunch green onion, sliced thin (greens & whites)
- 1⁄2 cup toasted sesame seeds
- In boiling salted water, cook noodles until tender, five to ten minutes. Rinse in cold water until cool. Drain and toss with 1 teaspoon sesame oil and set aside.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, combine soy sauce and sugar. Simmer until syrupy, about ten minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the tahini, 1/4 cup sesame oil, vinegar and water and soy/sugar mixture until smooth. Season to taste with cayenne.
- To serve, toss noodles with dressing, green onions and sesame seeds, reserving some seeds for garnish.
Very good! Creamy and just the right amount of flavor. I added diced cucumber and would maybe add some shredded carrots next time. I don't think we would like it as much without the added veggies. Shredded cabbage would be great too!
I made this tonight after going to a Chinese Res. and they had a cold noodle salad with cucumbers with this similar sauce so I made it using rice noodles served cold and it was amazing. The noodles were thick rice noodles similar to PHO but thicker. Thank you!!
This is a wonderful recipe! It is so easy to make and we loved it. I didn't have tahini so I made it using another recipe on this site. I made it without sugar since I only like sweet in desserts. I am so glad I tried it. Thank you.