Citrus Sesame Noodle Salad
This is refreshing, colorful, pasta salad that is low calorie and heart healthy. Want to turn this salad into a main course? Just add some cooked shrimp, chicken, or pork.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 lb whole wheat spaghetti, broken in half
- 1 1⁄2 cups snow peas, snapped in half
- 1 small summer squash, cut into thin bite-sized strips
- 1 cup carrot, shredded
- 1 cup bok choy, shredded
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- orange section (to garnish)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- Cook the pasta according to he package directions and drain it. Immediately rinse the pasta under cold running water and drain it again.
- In a large bowl, toss together the pasta, snow peas, summer squash, carrots, and bok choy.
- to make the dressing, combine the orange juice, honey, vinegar, sesame oil, and salt in a small bowl and vigorously whisk the mixture. Slowly pour in the olive oil, whisking all the while.
- Pour enough dressing over the pasta and vegetables to coat them lightly, then toss them again. Just before serving, top the salad with orange sections and a sprinkling of toasted seasme seeds.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION